10 Ways That Coconut Oil Can Benefit Health
Organic coconut oil has received its fair share of propaganda in recent times. However, this oil has wonderful benefit for the internal health of the body, as well as moisturising the skin, hair, and nails. If you buy organic coconut oil, try to get into the routine of taking one or two teaspoonfuls per day. Alternatively, organic coconut oil can be heated to very high temperatures during cooking, which makes it extremely versatile.
- Quick energy – If you want an instant energy fix before your workout, eat a spoonful of organic coconut oil. It will provide you with a dose of saturated fat, but there is evidence to suggest that coconut oil helps to reduce abdominal fat, so do not worry about the fact that it’s saturated.
- Destroys bacteria – The regular consumption of coconut oil, when used in cooking or eaten regularly, can protect the body from throat infections, pneumonia and other bacteria causing illnesses.
- Diabetes – The slow release of energy from organic coconut oil can greatly support individuals with diabetes. Aim to take up to four teaspoons of organic coconut oil per day.
- Supports weight loss – Saturated fat is known as the ‘bad’ fat, but not all fats are created equal. Organic coconut oil is composed of medium chain fatty acids, which are readily absorbed by the body as an energy source. Try cooking regularly with organic coconut oil, or take a spoonful or more per day.
- Heals the skin – Coconut oil melts at body temperature. Try using it to moisturise the body. Only apply products to your body that you would also eat, as the skin is a living breathing tissue that absorbs whatever is placed upon it. Treat it with respect, and it will treat you in return with baby soft skin and minor outbreaks.
- Increase HDL cholesterol – Cholesterol is necessary for the health of the body, especially the brain. Individuals with brain degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s may have low levels of cholesterol in the brain. Coconut oil contains healthy levels of cholesterol, which can help to reduce the unhealthy LDL cholesterol and replace it with the healthier HDL cholesterol.
- Supports tooth and gum health – If you do a regular oil pulling session each day with organic coconut oil, it can help to strengthen your teeth and gums. Teeth will be whiter, gums will be tighter, and the teeth may experience less sensitivity. Alternatively, try making your own toothpaste with bicarbonate of soda and organic coconut oil.
- Treats dry skin – Use organic coconut oil on your hair to remove dandruff, and on your skin and lips to treat dryness. Coconut oil is a versatile product that mixes well with shea butter and cocoa butter. Try making your own natural skin cream that contains none of the chemical nasties found in shop bought products.
- Natural SPF – Organic coconut oil contains a natural sun protection factor. Use it on the face and body before sun exposure. It will also moisturise the skin and protect it from harsh winds in the winter season.
- Beneficial for animals and humans – Organic coconut oil is perfectly healthy for both animals and humans. The anti-bacterial properties of this oil make it effective to use on a dog or cat. Also, use it to treat the hooves of your horse.
Organic coconut oil is a versatile product. Use it to protect your body from infection, take it internally to strengthen your immune system, and gain soft baby soft skin by applying it to your skin after a bath or shower.