Coconut oil is perfect for all types of recipes, including curry. This meal will feed four people. Always cook with Virgin coconut oil (preferably organic), as this will offer you the most health benefits. Do not be put off by the price of Virgin coconut oil, as a little goes a long way.
- Two tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil
- One tablespoon of garamasala
- One teaspoon of turmeric
- One tablespoon of cumin
- Small fresh chili pepper (or chili powder)
- Handful of fresh coriander
- One onion
- Four tomatoes
- Three cloves of garlic
- Two handfuls of fresh spinach
- One chicken breast
- Ten mushrooms
- Peel the onion and wash the vegetables ready for chopping.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan.
- Add the turmeric, garamasala, fresh or powdered chili, and cumin and fry on a medium heat.
- Mix in the onion and fresh coriander.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips and add to the pan stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic.
- Chop the mushrooms and add to the pan.
- Finally, add the fresh spinach and simmer for five minutes.
- Serve with brown or white rice.