Coconut Oil Recipe : Delicious Chicken With Coconut Rice & Peas
Just the sight of a chicken with coconut rice and peas dish can make the mouth salivate with hunger, so here’s a quick coconut oil recipe on how to make this delicious dish. The total time to cook (including preparation) is approximately forty minutes, and it will serve six to eight people. In addition, cooking with coconut oil increases the metabolism and can encourage weight loss.
- One cup of cooked peas
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Two cups of washed and drained long grain rice
- One tablespoon of grated ginger
- One cup of finely diced onion
- Three tablespoons of toasted coconut
- Half teaspoon of sea salt
- Half cup of coconut milk
- In a saucepan, add the coconut oil and melt it over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry until it has slightly browned.
- Add the sea salt, ginger and long grain rice to the saucepan and stir it into the coconut oil and onion mixture. Add the coconut oil and two and half cups of water, add the lid, and simmer for twenty minutes.
- Leave to rest for ten minutes, then fluff the rice and add the cooked peas.
- Transfer to bowl and add a garnish of toasted coconut.
We hope you will enjoy this coconut oil recipe.