Delicious Carrot & Coriander Soup
This soup is a wonderful tasty winter warmer that is low in calories and perfect as a main meal when served with crusty bread. You might like to add an optional tin of kidney or butter beans to provide a kick of protein. The coconut oil provides a mild sweet flavour.
- One tablespoon of Virgin organic coconut oil
- One large onion
- Ten large carrots (organic if possible)
- Two cloves of garlic
- Packet of fresh coriander
- Tin of kidney or butter beans (optional but tasty)
- Two organic vegetable stock cubes (optional)
- Sprinkling of salt and black pepper.
- Approximately 450 ml of boiling water
- Add the coconut oil to a large pan and let it melt into liquid form.
- Chop the onion and add to the pan.
- Chop or crush the garlic and add to the pan.
- Wash and peel the carrots (if non organic). Chop into circles and add to the pan.
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients, approximately 450ml (although add more if necessary)
- Add the organic vegetable stock cubes. Alternatively, add a large sprinkling of sea salt.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for thirty minutes.
- The ingredients will now be soft and ready for blending. Add two ladles of soup to a blender with a little liquid and then transfer the soup to a bowl. Continue until all ingredients are blended.
- Chop the fresh coriander and add to the soup. Add fresh black pepper.
- Wash and add the tin of beans (optional).
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and butter.
If you want the soup to have a kick, you might want to try adding a red chilli. There is also an option to add celery and red pepper for a tasty meal. Practice makes perfect when making this delicious carrot and coriander soup.