Learn How to Make A Coconut Oil Enriched Lip Balm
There are thousands of lip balms to choose from in today’s cosmetics market. It can make us feel pretty to dot a sparking gloss on our lips, but at what cost to our health. If you cannot read a particular ingredient then how do you know it is a safe product for the body? Remember, the skin is the largest organ in the human body and absorbs everything that is placed upon it. Try feeding it nutrition like organic coconut oil and raw shea butter. You are able to buy small pots or sticks online. If you prefer flavour, use natural Stevia. To add colour, use a drop of red food colouring.
- Teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- Half a teaspoon of raw shea butter
- A quarter teaspoon of beeswax
- Half a teaspoon of cocoa butter
- Stevia (for flavour – optional)
- Food colouring (optional)
- Melt down the beeswax. If you prefer to make more than one pot or stick of lip balm, use more ingredients. Add the beeswax to a heatproof dish and boil on the hob until it melts.
- Add the cocoa butter and raw shea butter to the beeswax.
- Melt the coconut oil and add to the shea butter, cocoa butter, and beeswax.
- Add colour or flavouring, if you choose to.
- The beeswax will help the ingredients set. Place the item in the fridge.
Without the flavouring, this lip balm will have a chocolate-aroma and flavour. This lip balm makes a great gift, plus it will keep the lips moisturised just as well as the shop bought products.