Belly fat is a major concern in today’s high paced life. Coconut oil is recognised today as a super food. One reason why it is labelled a super food is through its inclusion of medium chain fatty acids, which have a dramatic effect on body fat. However, coconut oil is not always recognised a super food by some people. While other people recognise its benefits and use it in their daily diet, and even through skincare.
The Three Types of People When Coconut Oil is Mentioned
- For the first type of person, when coconut oil is mentioned his or her immediate thought is, “well, coconut oil contains saturated fat, which I’ve been told must be avoided, so I will stay away from this type of fat. It’s not healthy or beneficial for health.” Even though this type of person has been lied to by the healthcare profession, they may still well abstain from it because he or she believes it contributes to heart disease.
- The second type of person is open-minded to the benefits of coconut oil, but is afraid of its calorie content, even though not all fat calories are created equal.
- Finally, the health conscious individual consumes coconut oil and is not afraid of its calorie content, believing that it is a super food. They are correct to believe this fact.
There is a reason why coconut oil is beneficial for the internal health of the body, and this article will give the reasons why consuming two tablespoons per day can contribute to weight loss, improve your health, slow down ageing process and boost your wellbeing.
Reason #1 Why It is Important To Consume Coconut Oil Daily and it’s impact on Belly Fat
Not all fat calories are created equal. For example, 1 tablespoon of canola oil contains approximately 120 calories, and it is the same with coconut oil, but how the fat reacts in the body is the reason why fat calories are not all equal. The types of fat we eat can affect our metabolism in healthy ways. Other oils can increase belly fat as oppose to reducing it. Coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid, which means that it is more readily digested by the body. Therefore, it has a metabolic effect on the body, so while it still contains 120 calories per tablespoon, the calories are consumed faster than other fats, e.g., canola oil. You may actually feel a heat in your belly after coconut oil is consumed, which is a physical effect of burning calories and belly fat. This is thermogenesis in action.
To lose weight effectively, you must consume fewer calories than your body requires. This can be achieved by eating a calorie-restricted diet, taking up more exercise, or a balance of both. However, some foods are beneficial to consume, as they contribute to weight loss. Coconut oil is one such food.
Another important success to weight loss is to support both your liver and thyroid. In addition to increasing the metabolism, coconut oil also support liver health, which in effect supports the thyroid gland.
Reason 2 Coconut Oil Is Anti-Everything
There is thorough research today on the benefits of eating anti-inflammatory foods, which have an oxidative effect on the body’s cells and boost health. Nevertheless, were you aware that coconut oil is a remedy for many common health issues, both internally and externally?
- Anti-Carcinogenic – beneficial against cancer cells, while also boosting a suppressed immune system.
- Anti-bacterial – halts the flow of bacteria that contributes to many health issues, e.g. throat infections, gum disease, and the cold and flu.
- Anti-fungal – beneficial against fungus like candida, athletes food, and thrush.
- Anti-oxidant – supports the body from free radical damage and oxidative stress.
- Anti-inflammatory – Reduces inflammation in the internal body and repairs bodily tissues.
- Anti-microbial – fights infection and treats destructive microbes
- Anti-retrovival – highly beneficial against parasites, lice, tapeworm, and other protozoan infections that live in the large intestine.
Now that you understand the importance of this super food, coconut oil, why would you not choose to consume just two tablespoons per day? Try it for a week and see how you feel.