Pineapple Banana Bread has a little twist to it and make it a more exciting then your usual plain bread. If you are worried up the extra calories then fear not Pineapple banana bread can be made with Coconut oil making it a healthy option.
If you want to make a healthy change to your diet then make coconut oil your staple baking ingredient. Margarine may be the preferred healthy choice, but there are many benefits that you can gain by changing the fat base of tasty desserts. There have been studies that coconut oil can shrink belly fat with results substantial against soybean and vegetable oils, so with this knowledge it makes sense to use coconut oil for cooking.
Coconut oil has a mild taste. Although the smell of coconut oil can be potent, when used in cooking coconut oil is barely detectable. This recipe is simple and uses the base ingredient of coconut oil. All it requires is a bowl and a whisk and you’re good to go. There’s no hard work of mixing or creaming ingredients together.
Adding shredded coconut oil to dishes can give the usual coconut flavour, but using coconut oil for baking provides very different results. Baking with other types of fat including butter and margarine can leave the sponge feeling soft and moist, but coconut oil is the healthier type whilst providing exactly the same texture.
Pineapple also has a wonderful scent and its natural juices moisten the bread perfectly. You can use frozen or fresh pineapple, or you could use a variety of other fruits in place of pineapple, including strawberries, mango, peaches, or other seasonal fruit. If you prefer to use frozen fruit then stir it in while the fruit is still frozen. The hint of nutmeg adds flavour and warmth.
Pineapple Banana Bread Recipe:
- 2 large eggs
- Half a cup of melted coconut oil
- Quarter cup of buttermilk or half a cup of greek yoghurt
- One and a quarter cups of granulated sugar
- Quarter cup of brown sugar
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Two cups of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of nutmeg
- One cup of diced pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- One and a quarter cups of mashed banana
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F, depending on your oven type. Oil two 8 x 4 inch loaf tins.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk sugar, vanilla essence, and coconut oil to a bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Finally, add the baking soda and powder, flour, and nutmeg and stir. Be careful not to over mix, as gluten can overload and create a tougher bread mixture. Stir in the bananas and pineapple.
- Pour the batter into the oiled loaf tins and place into the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes. You can test if the bread is cooked throughout by sticking a toothpick into its centre. If it comes out clean the bread is perfectly cooked, but if there is some mixture on the toothpick it requires a little longer in the oven.
- Let the pineapple banana bread cool for approximately 15 minutes before you remove and transfer to a wire rack.